12 months of ‘marathon in a month’ fund raising is now complete and we have raised an incredible £1,664 for 10 charities!
Each month a different volunteer took up the challenge to complete a minimum of 26.2 miles (the length of one marathon) within the month and raise money or awareness for a charity of their choice. Inspired by Rosie in January, those listed below took up the challenge. They braved all weather types from rain and snow to sun and scorching temperatures, completing an enormous 918 miles in total or 30 marathons!
- Rosie Lee – January – Alzheimer’s Society
- Jo Cleary – February – Myton hospices
- Sophie Ledbrooke & Helena Hitchcox – March – Mind
- Phil Wright-Howarth – April – Molly Olly’s Wishes
- Imogen Moore – May – Diabetes UK
- Lisa Astley – June – Mind
- Kerry Venus – July – The Brain Tumour Charity
- Hannah Stokes – August – British Heart Foundation
- Katie Dean – September – Prostate cancer
- Nikki Culkeen – October – Loneliness awareness
- Faith Woodhead – November – Mind
- Emma McCracken – December – Motor Neurone Disease Association
Well done to everyone who took part. A huge thank you to Jo Cleary who found new volunteers throughout the year, kept records of everyone’s distances and the funds raised from the multiple marathons!
This challenge showcases our fantastic teams. If you’d like to join us, then apply today!